Well. iPokédex has been out for a week! And so far, I am VERY pleased with how it’s been received.
- In the first week, it broke 10,000 downloads (YEAH!!!!!) and is now currently sitting at 13,500.
- It has had approximately 50 reviews on the Apple App Store, and is averaging a rating of 4.5/5 stars.
- It has been opened on an iOS device nearly 40,000 times.
- Its average usage time is 1 hour and 14 minutes. (Wait. Seriously? O_o)
- The countries using it the most are USA, Netherlands and Japan.
- The most looked at Pokémon are Arceus and Shaymin. Go figure.
- It is being used on more iPods than iPhones (Not sure if that includes iPads, but then again, those are just jumbo iPods XD)
Truth be told, I had absolutely no idea how this app was going to go down. All in all, I think it’s been a VERY successful first week.
If you’ve downloaded iPokédex this week, I’d like to extend a very warm thanks! As for the reviews I’ve received, I’m very humbled by the positive feedback and have taken note of the suggestions for later versions!
As for an update for version 1.1, I’m getting very close to finishing adding the new Generation V Pokémon to the database. It hasn’t been as easy as I was expecting (mainly because a couple of things have changed since I collected the data last), but it should hopefully be bundled up and ready to go VERY soon.
- Published April 12, 2011
- Categories Development